It has been quite some time since I wrote my last entry, but I’m always working back on forth on the project, even though it some months go very slowly due to real life and work.
One noteworthy new thing is that I wrote an actual proper system for plants, which is easily shapeable to any kind. I will most likely even use it for things that aren’t plants but might grow and become harvested in stages, such as a crystal formation.
So other than the tree I’ve been adding a few new plants, such as regular grass, and a new type of fruit-bearing plant I choose to call the bloodshrub. It grows through roughly four stages in a complete 32 minutes before reaching fruit-stage and then having a fruit grow and drop from the plant every 24 minutes.
I’ve yet to construct any in depth system of actually spreading plants around, as they’ll currently just grow and reach full age without actually spreading around. One idea is to have smaller criters eat the fruits and spread the seeds around at a reasonable rate, and have each plant have a configurable set limited amount of fruits it can grow.
Here’s how the plant is set up in its data format in xml:
That’s it for now, here’s some fresh fruit!